Does contributing to a team that makes a difference in healthcare interest you? Would you get satisfaction from supporting our health care professionals who work tirelessly to improve the health and wellbeing of our clients each day? If so, then foremost this role is about living and modelling Careica’s coveted culture. Everyone will love the positivity and energy you exude and look forward to interacting with you. Plus, you enjoy the responsibility of owning administrative processes and tasks – if you are the one, swipe right! We are obligated to mention that there’s some work involved too… and even though we are thrilled that you don’t take yourself too seriously, we sure do appreciate that you take your work seriously. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, we consider you to be very important as you will support a wide range of HR activities.
Each day you’ll start the morning energized, with a coffee in-hand, excited to:
- Be the most approachable person in the company providing exemplary customer service to our valued employees.
- Set people up on our various benefits plans and help answer their questions quickly and thoroughly as the trusted plan expert.
- Monitor various certifications, professional licenses and designations and positively pester people when they expire.
- Support recruitment activities including taking notes in interviews and performing reference checks.
- Participate as a member of Careica's provincial health and safety committees including taking meeting minutes and scheduling meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate personnel files both electronically (HRIS) and physically.
- Administer onboarding/offboarding, position changes, departures, leaves, personal information updates, etc.
- Assist with reviewing and updating policies.
- Actively participate on the Social Committees for all locations (fun in the workplace is mandatory).
- Lend a hand in our other departments outside of human resources from time-to-time as there are sometimes lulls in activity. This will expand your understanding of the company and improve your ability to help others effectively.
- “Perform other duties as assigned” (yes, we had to say it).
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Human Resources or Business Administration Degree/Diploma, an asset
- Experience with benefit plans/administration, an asset.
- Experience with BambooHR (HRIS), an asset.
- Excellent writing skills as you will communicate clearly and concisely via e-mail.
- Client-focused with great attention to detail, rigour, organization and proactivity.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite applications.
- Knowledge of employment legislation (employment standards, human rights code, etc.).
- Capable of problem-solving and analyzing information.
- A self-starter who demonstrates a high level of accountability in dealing with multiple priorities, has an appreciation for details, multitasks well and embraces efficiency.
- Adheres to privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- This is a Monday to Friday part-time gig, working four hours per day (hours are somewhat flexible and up for discussion).
- Remuneration is competitive including wage, an annual profit-sharing bonus and other perks.
- It comes with benefits galore, including a comprehensive health plan, RRSP matching, and three weeks’ vacation (prorated to FTE).
- Did we mention that your vacation and health benefits start immediately?
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Please attach your resume and optional cover letter, then answer the skill testing questions. If you’d like to learn more about Careica Health, visit our website at https://careicahealth.com/#