The Business Development Manager is responsible for promoting the growth of a vibrant bioscience industry in Manitoba. They will work closely with the President and other staff to develop, implement, and manage programs that bring value to BAM members and other stakeholders involved in the bioscience sectors.
This individual will work to ensure that the Association is providing value to the members. They will work on teams with various stakeholders and innovation service providers to enhance industry development outcomes. The Manager will be responsible for coordinating a diverse group of organizations, government and research agencies to facilitate business development and networking opportunities for BAM members and the community.
With the support of the Board and respective Committees, they will be responsible for initiating, developing and coordinating multi-tiered projects that span development and commercialization of technologies from the bioscience sector. They will be responsible for developing strategies, assisting in preparation of proposals, and coordinating projects emerging from the consortiums/committees.
· Work with bioscience companies, government, support agencies and industry groups in Manitoba to identify opportunities for collaboration to diversify the Manitoba economy.
· Work with companies to identify specific business needs and connect them with the appropriate provider or agency within the Manitoba member network.
· Identify opportunities for member companies to work together in a collaborative manner to increase member value.
· Identify and implement new strategies and services that would assist bioscience companies.
· Develop and secure sponsorship for activities and programs.
· Discover explore and sign on potential new member organizations for BAM.
· Develop and oversee annual membership campaigns to maintain/increase members involvement and support.
· Lead planning and logistics for events and trade missions, identify and recruit companies to participate in trade shows/conferences as required by contracts established by funding agencies.
· Act as an ambassador and promote the bioscience sector and the Bioscience Association Manitoba
· Assist with the promotion and recruitment for BAM sponsored events/conferences.
The job description outlines the key responsibilities for the role and is not meant to be exhaustive. Other responsibilities and tasks maybe assigned or may naturally become a part of this role over time.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Post-secondary degree in business, economics, or science, ideally with a focus on industry/business development in the biosciences sector
- One to two years’ experience with government relations.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an industry development or business development role in the biosciences, health biotech, clean biotech or ag biotech
- The ability to deal with confidential and highly sensitive issues and interact with people at all levels within the organization/government/public & clients.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision while balancing long term objectives as well as day to day activities.
- Excellent communication skills: both oral and written,
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively at all levels, applying mature judgment and exercising tact, discretion, and diplomacy with others.
We work together within a team environment of mutual respect, honesty and integrity.
We are personable, knowledgeable and take pride in our work and our association.
We approach our days with a supportive, proactive, positive, and enthusiastic attitude and maintain an open environment where questions, brainstorming, and teamwork is encouraged.
We are results focused with a strong performance culture when providing services/programming to our industry members and stakeholders.
All these contribute to BAM’s culture and are strengthened by the importance we place on preserving a healthy balance between professional and personal life.
Please submit cover letter and resume in PDF form to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest,however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.