Taylor McCaffrey LLP is one of Manitoba’s leading law firms. We offer a positive and professional working environment that demonstrates care and support for our firm members. We also focus on training, and opportunities for mentorship and advancement. Our compensation and benefits program is comprehensive and includes Health, Dental, Disability coverage, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance and EAP resources for you and your family and a Pension Plan.
For additional information about the firm, please visit our website at www.tmlawyers.com.
We are currently seeking a full-time Legal Assistant to provide general assistance to our lawyers.
Applicants are required to demonstrate integrity through a strong work ethic, personal accountability, professional image and ethical behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to draft correspondence to clients and counsel
- Confidence to draft pleadings and legal documents based on experience and precedents
- Dictation – prepare letters, e-mails and court documents
- Compile briefs
- Schedule internal and external meetings, phone calls, or outlook calendar events
- Make necessary bookings, and updating lawyers’ calendars
- Enter lawyer time, prepare invoices; general and trust deposits of cheques
- Billing (preparing pre-bills for review and making necessary corrections)
- Organize and manage hard copy and electronic files
- Basic knowledge of CanLii and Westlaw to find copies of cases is an asset
- Monitor phone calls
- Create and review documentation
- Prepares files for hearings
- Maintain files in a document management system
- Ability to work on different legal platforms, depending on the area of practice, such as Lawyer Done Deal, Eclipse, ALF, and Acumin is an asset
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time
- Ability to interact effectively with internal firm members and clients.
- Ability to work independently and also work effectively as part of a team.
- Capacity to handle a demanding workload and respond appropriately to changing priorities as needs arise.
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential information.
- Excellent attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to effectively and tactfully communicate with individuals within the firm and clients external to the firm.
- 1 years’ experience is considered an asset, but we welcome applications from post-secondary legal graduates with administrative experience who seek to learn and develop their skills and experience, then advance in the firm.
- Post-secondary education in Legal Administration.
- Experience in the use of MS Office Applications.
- Experience in a similar role is an asset.
- Able to life file boxes (up to 25 lbs)
- 35 hour work week, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Qualified candidates can submit their resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Taylor McCaffrey LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all firm members.
Reasonable accommodations are available during our assessment and selection processes.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Taylor McCaffrey LLP
2200– 201 Portage Avenue Ave
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 3L3