We are searching for a talented and motivated program coordinator to ensure our in-person and virtual programs and events are consistently delivered, in an efficient, cost-effective, and memorable manner. You will support the Program Manager in every part of program and event planning and execution, such as choosing venues, coordinating with presenters, coordinating with team members, ensuring technical requirements are met, and evaluating success afterward.
As the event coordinator, you should be well organized. Excellent communication and attention to detail skills are vital in this role.
In this role, you will also support the organization’s administrative needs when required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with the program and event planning process.
- Coordinate with vendors and stakeholders (including team members).
- Assist with ensuring all logistical requirements are met, including booking venues, scheduling speakers, client registration, and testing and troubleshooting technical equipment (in person and virtual).
- Resolve issues if/when they arise.
- Assist with maintaining event budgets and timelines.
- Support all in-person and virtual event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
- Assess an event’s overall success and report findings.
- Support the organization’s administrative and client services teams as needed.
Skills and qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience as an event coordinator.
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Outstanding vendor management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Time management
- Ability to learn quickly
- Advanced computer and office equipment skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (FR/EN) is preferred
- Hybrid work. The successful candidate will be required to work in Winnipeg.
About World Trade Centre Winnipeg
The World Trade Centre Winnipeg (WTC Winnipeg) is a member of the World Trade Centre’s Association, the leading international trade network, representing more than 300 World Trade Centre’s in nearly 100 countries.
The WTC Winnipeg provides support to Manitobans looking to start a business, and companies looking to expand beyond Manitoba.
Benefits of the organization
- Competitive Salary
- Chambers of Commerce Group Benefits Program
- Matched RRSP Contributions
- Professional Development
- Subsidized Parking
- Telecommunications allowance
- Hybrid work environment
- Flexible Schedule
- Social Committee
- Time off between Christmas and New Years
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This position will remain open until filled.