We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
This position will focus on the development/transfer/validation/verification of assays and their support throughout the analytical method lifecycle. This includes working as part of a team to ensure assays are functioning appropriately in the QC environment. Additionally, this role requires providing good customer service to internal and external customers, including evaluating customer needs as potential continuous improvement opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Participate in the development of and execute experimental studies for the development/ transfer/ verification/ validation of assays or to support internal or external clients (e.g. troubleshooting, investigation, forced degradation)
• Plan, coordinate, analyze and execute on studies and evaluate results
• Internal customer service; troubleshoot and optimize analytical processes within Quality Control as required
• Use experience and knowledge to troubleshoot and identify root cause; use a methodical problem-solving process to evaluate or critique many possible solutions
• Actively contribute to department success, including assisting in planning activities to achieve functional area defined goals
• Identify and act upon continuous improvement opportunities, including opportunities within the analytical life cycle of commercial products
• Train QC and other AS&T colleagues on new methods developed or transferred/verified by AS&T
• Work with a moderate degree of independence to advance AS&T projects
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work area in accordance with standard laboratory practice and procedures and 6S expectations, where applicable
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience & Skills
• University degree in chemistry, biology, microbiology or related field of study (such as Molecular Biology, Immunology, Biochemisty, etc).
- Minimum of two years directly related experience in a recognized professional or technical/scientific field
- Experience in a pharmaceutical cGMP environment is an asset, but is not required
- Commitment to excellence
- Self-motivated, with excellent organizational skills and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Knowledge of the development, validation, transfer/verification, troubleshooting of biological/bioanalytical methods
- Flexible and cooperative spirit with strong commitment to team efforts.
- Capable of searching scientific literature to gain information about specific topics
- Demonstrated ability to apply scientific knowledge, innovation and a continuous improvement focus to activities
- Competent in laboratory safety and generally-accepted lab practice, including maintaining adequate written laboratory records
- Demonstrated ability to execute on complex procedures and problem solve
- Able to interpret scientific data
- Able to communicate and articulate information in both written and verbal forms.
- Able to transfer ideas into scientifically sound and efficient experimental protocols.
- Able to provide training to peers in an effective manner
- Basic knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products is required.
- Knowledge of JMP statistical software is an asset
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.