BioScisionLabs is a dedicated Cannabis testing laboratory located in Winnipeg, Manitoba that holds an Analytical Cannabis Testing License and has performed thousands of tests for large Legal Producers, Micro Cultivators, and Home Growers from all over Canada.
BioScisionLabs employs PhD Scientists, MSc Scientists, and Laboratory Technicians to perform analytical testing and provide official Certificates of Analysis (CoA) for cannabis products. BioScisionLabs is passionate about cannabis, service, and showcasing the safety and quality of cannabis products.
For more information, visit www.bioscisionlabs.com and follow us on LinkedIn
We are currently seeking a Laboratory Technician. They are involved in supporting the laboratory as a
whole with sample preparation, laboratory assays, data analysis, and general laboratory maintenance and operation. The successful candidate will have basic chemistry knowledge and previous laboratory
experience, as well as a strong attention to detail and organizational skills. This is a full-time, permanent position, Monday to Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM.
Due to the nature of some of the samples processed in the laboratory, must be okay with strong scents
(Cannabis, agricultural, chemical).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform technical roles with a high degree of precision, accuracy, and efficiency during routine
- Participate in the training program for laboratory assays
- Report daily sample results with high level of accuracy
- Perform routine calibration, maintenance, and documentation
- Assist in writing and revising of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to their
- Ensure that safety guidelines are followed at all times
- Operate with respect to the Personal Health Information Act (PHIA) and company/client privacy policies
- Other duties as required/assigned
General laboratory duties
- Sample preparation (weighing, milling)
- Maintain laboratory records and inventory
- Preparation of chemicals and reagents
- Maintaining a clean workstation
- Daily/Weekly laboratory cleaning duties
- Organize and store all chemicals and reagents accordingly
- General and chemical waste disposal
- Destruction of completed controlled samples
- Other duties as required/assigned
- Diploma / B.Sc in Chemistry or related field is required
- Minimum 1 year laboratory experience is required (technician level and pay will be commensurate with experience and proficiency level)
- Analytical chemistry experience an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent manual dexterity and ability to stand for long periods of time in the laboratory
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position (PHIA/privacy policies)
- Must be able to pass WHMIS training
- Criminal record check will be performed upon hiring
- Full-time permanent position
- Starting wage commensurate with education and experience
- Enrollment in the company’s benefits plan
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits program. A career with BioScisionLabs provides you with the opportunity to develop your own potential. We offer an open-minded, team-based
environment and a work culture that empowers employees to thrive.
BioScisionLabs is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to
hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factor.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be
Hiring immediately, up to three laboratory technician positions to be filled.