The Small Business Minimum Wage Adjustment Program provides support to small businesses (up to 100 employees) to help offset the impact of the minimum wage increase on October 1, 2022 from $11.95 per hour to $13.50 per hour for up to 20 employees.
This support is available for six months from October 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023.
Manitoba small businesses who employ up to 100 employees that work and live in Manitoba are now eligible to apply for a $0.50 cent an hour wage subsidy for up to 20 employees for a period of six months, retroactive from October 1, 2022 to March 31, 2023.
NEW: The online application has been revised to accommodate the pay period cycle unique for your small business. You will now be asked to enter the start date and end date of the pay period used by your small business. Supporting documentation, like pay stubs or pay advice, are still required for each employee, up to 20 employees.
Who is Eligible
The program is open to all private sector, non-profit and charitable employers who are operating in the province of Manitoba and meet all of the following criteria:
- Employers must possess an active and valid Business Number, business bank account, and email address.
- Employers must be registered, and in good standing with the Companies Office (not required for sole proprietors).
- Have up to 100 employees that work and are located in Manitoba.
- As of September 30, 2022, an employee was paid between $11.95 and $13.49 per hour.
- As of October 1, 2022, the same employee is being paid at least $13.50 per hour.
Full program details are available at https://www.gov.mb.ca/jec/busdev/financial/sbwa/index.html