This week, Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) launched the first call for proposals for the Business Scale-up and Productivity (BSP) program. The objectives of the program are to assist firms with high-growth potential to scale-up and expand; support technology demonstration and the commercialization of new technologies; encourage the early adoption or adaptation of leading-edge technologies and processes to improve productivity; and, increase businesses’ capacity to grow through market diversification and entry into global markets.
Submissions must highlight applicant's participation in one of the following sectors: clean technology, clean resources, digital technology, advanced manufacturing, value-added agriculture, and life sciences.
The Business Scale-up and Productivity (BSP) program is a federal funding program that complements WD's current programs by providing repayable contributions to firms in Western Canada that are seeking growth and expansion. Online applications will be accepted from December 3, 2018, to January 11, 2019, at 2:00 p.m. MST.
Who can apply?
Businesses must meet the following mandatory criteria:
- incorporated to do business in Canada
- have been in business for at least 2 years
- have operating facilities and staffed offices in Western Canada (defined as British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba)
- have confirmed, at the time of application, funding from all other sources (non-government funding must represent at least 50% of the proposed project costs)
- have provided all project and business information outlined in Section 10 of the Applicant Guide
Preference may be given to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with less than 500 full-time employees (FTEs).
Western Economic Diversification Canada (WD) will be holding information sessions in cities across Western Canada. Please visit the WD’s BSP website to register for the nearest information session: https://www.wd-deo.gc.ca/eng/19777.asp