Three Minute Thesis (3MT) is an annual competition for graduate students in a thesis-based program. The University of Manitoba 3MT is part of an overall strategy to highlight our graduate students, promote UM research and connect with the community.
Training & Events
Microsoft Excel Level 3
We are back to in-person training with reduced participants! Your safety is our priority, please see the details on our COVID-19 protocols to keep everyone safe.
Microsoft Excel is a key tool in the Microsoft Office family. As a modern-day professional, it is important to be able to maximize the usage of this tool and leverage it to ensure smooth operations for your organization.
Microsoft Excel 2016 - Level 2 or Experience
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Create and use Excel tables, as well as add, edit, search for, and delete records in a data list using a form, as well as lookup data.
- Sort records in a data list using a variety of methods.
Filter data in a list using a variety of methods, as well as work with filtered data.
- Create, modify, and work with PivotTables, PivotCharts, and Slicers.
Import external data from a variety of sources into Excel.
- Create and work with subtotalled lists, as well as use various database functions to summarize data.
- Maintaining Data: Data List and Excel Table Concepts; Using Data Forms; Using Lookup Tables
- Sorting Lists: Sorting Concepts; Sorting Lists; Custom Sort Orders
- Filtering Lists: Filtering Concepts; Using AutoFilter; Using Advanced Filter; Working with Filtered Data
- Summarizing Data: Automatic Subtotals; Working with Subtotalled Lists; Using Functions to Summarize Data
- Working with PivotTables: PivotTable Concepts; Creating PivotTables; Modifying PivotTable Layouts; Working with PivotTables; PivotCharts; Slicers
- Working with External Data: External Data Concepts; Importing Query Data from Access; Importing Query Data from Web Pages; Importing Query Data from Text Files
Date: May 18, 2021
Location: 1000 Waverley St. Winnipeg
Time: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Member Pricing: $85.00
Non-Member Pricing: $125.00
Required by attendees:
- Practice social distancing with 6 ft separation
- All training attendees are required to wear masks when entering the building and throughout the common areas of the building
- Upon entry into the building, hands must be sanitized before signing in
- When gathering food, attendees are instructed to go one at a time to allow for social distancing
- Frequent hand-washing
Required by BAM Staff:
- All tables and surface areas are sanitized before, during and after the class.
- All training rooms have hand sanitizers and disinfectants for use throughout the training session.
- All washroom touchpoints are sanitized and documented multiple times throughout the day.
- Food provided is individually wrapped and prepackaged.
- Hands are sanitized and a mask is worn by the person bringing the food into the classroom.
- All persons working in the building are required to wear a mask in all common areas of the building example- corridors, kitchen area, washrooms, etc.
$125.00 (Members pay $85.00)