On behalf of Germany Trade and Invest (GTAI), in cooperation with the Invest in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern GmbH, we are pleased to invite you to our upcoming inbound delegation visit which aims to highlight Germany’s industrial strategy and the latest business opportunities in Europe’s largest market.
Join us on a trip to Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Germany’s high-tech location for Food Ingredients, from Monday, September 18th until Friday, September 22nd, 2023, for a week of business meetings, site visits, networking and learning about opportunities in Germany’s high-tech location for food innovations. Invest in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern GmbH co-creates the visit with industry-specific knowledge.
Companies in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern are pioneering in the thriving market of alternative, bio-certified and plant-based proteins, which is growing annually by more than 30 %. Mecklenburg-Vorpommern offers an excellent location thanks to its proximity to Hamburg, Berlin, Central Europe, Scandinavia, and the Baltics. The region boasts a skilled workforce in the food innovation sector, great infrastructure, an efficient production network and established suppliers in areas such as ingredients manufacturing and the processing industries.
During the visit, which is hosted by German Trade & Invest (GTAI), you will have the chance to
- see the latest developments in food technology by visiting leading companies as well as high-profile research institutes, such as the Fraunhofer Institute,
- explore Innovation highlights of the region’s industry like extraction of protein from Blue Lupin, legumes and insects and its procession to flour, protein isolate, starch, and fibers,
- visit the North German Food Summit, an event focused on the food industry that brings together key figures from business, industry, politics, and associations,
- discuss with experts in the food innovation field about Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania’s latest research and developments and share best practices,
- present your innovative company, products, and technology to a selected audience of professionals.
GTAI covers many of the program costs for participants, including hotel accommodations, transportation to all visits within Germany, the facilitation of all meetings, and select meals within the scope of the program. There is no separate program fee. Participants are responsible for their own airfare to and from Germany and for meals that are not part of the official program.
Please find a preliminary agenda below and more information about the delegation trip on our website: Program
Use the online registration form linked here to indicate your interest in joining the delegation.
The deadline to apply is Friday, July 14, 2023.
If you are a Manitoba company interested in attending "The Future is Plant-Based" Food innovation hub in northern Germany, please visit the Invest Manitoba website to determine your eligibility to apply for the Export Development Program. For more information, visit: www.manitoba.ca/investmb/advantages/export.html
Intake is now open for the two funding streams noted below.
- Export Development Program
- Incoming Buyer Program